Every project which have status FAILED have some or many reason for failed. Project managers should identify the possible root causes of the potential failure and take corrective actions to prevent the project from falling through the cracks. The following are some of the steps that project manager should look at very closely:
- Is there flexibility in the triple consrtaints of the project (scope, time and cost)?
- Is the leadership committed to the project and willing to take extraordinary measure to turn the situation?
- Is the right people in place?
- Is the business case still strong?? If not, how can we stengthen it?
- Do we have appropriate change management in place??
- Are the communication channels function properly?
- Is the risk management plan up to date??
These are some of the steps that are recommended to start examining in order to bring the project back on track.