Mar 11 2019
Marketing and Sales
What is the difference between traditional and digital marketing? And why does it matter? Here are some answers that might clarify the landscape for you.
Defining Traditional Marketing
Traditional or conventional marketing is generally what is referred to as a "push process", whereby you are literally pushing your marketing materials to the targeted market, through the use of radio, television, exhibitions, direct mail, brochures, newspapers, and magazines.
Some Benefits of Traditional Marketing
1. Target local audience: you can avoid wasting resources on possible targets and keeping things focused on your known target audience.
2. Materials are for keeps: your audience has access to the tangible hardcopies of your materials.
3. More personal: the use of door to door promotion or handing out flyers followed by conversations on the road will never become outdated.
4. Simpler processes: people who are not techno savvy will not feel comfortable with the internet or not even familiar with the idea.
Defining Digital Marketing
Digital marketing refers to advertising delivered through digital channels such as search engines, websites, social media, email, and mobile applications. The world of digital marketing continues to evolve with technology advances.
Some Benefits of Digital Marketing
1. Reduced costs: newspaper ads, television ads, and the like cost a lot. Online advertising on the other hand is something even young entrepreneurs can afford right out of some saved up money.
2. Real-time results: with traditional marketing, you have to wait for a long time to start a campaign. In this battle of traditional vs. online marketing, online marketing wins again owing to its quick results.
3. Non-intrusive: with online advertising you can choose whether you want to see an ad or a message. This is an advantage that radio advertisement or newspapers cannot give you.
4. Higher exposure: any means of traditional advertisement is limited to a certain locality. Online advertisement can reach out to the entire world.
5. Quicker publicity: due to the proliferation of digital platforms and smart devices, you can earn a new visitor every nanosecond.
6. Higher engagement: online marketing allows you to engage your audience in real time. Feedback about your products, services, and brands can be communicated immediately.
Now that we know what a comparison between traditional and digital marketing reveals, one can agree that digital marketing wins. However, that doesn’t make traditional marketing obsolete!
A smart blend of traditional vs. online marketing — with a thorough analysis of online vs. traditional advertising statistics — will get your brand where you want it to be.
To know more click on the link: https://www.meirc.com/training-courses/marketing-sales/digital-marketing-hands-on-masterclass
Mr. George Khayat is a partner with Meirc Training & Consulting. He holds a bachelor of science in management from the Lebanese American University, a master in marketing and communication from ESCP-EAP University in France, and is currently completing a master of science in management from St. Joseph University in Beirut. George is a certified marketing analyst (The Graduate Board of Management, USA), a chartered marketer (Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK), a certified Lego® Serious Play® method facilitator, and a certified sales professional (Sales Training International, USA). He is also certified in Action Selling® (USA) and Guerrilla Marketing (Australia).More