Yet 10 more Value-Adding Questions to ask before finalizing your Scope of Work .
These questions relate to what amounts to a ‘Reality-check' and cover the evaluation of available External
- 1) Are there enough suppliers/ contractors who can do the job in our traditional market?
- 2) Did we approach them requesting that they ‘show interest ‘ in bidding for the intended SOW?
- 3) Do we need to expand our reach ( regional, international sources)?
- 4) Do we have a Pre-approved list of potential bidders to draw from?
- 5) Do we need to short-list or go ‘open'?
- 6) How do the present market conditions affect our intended SoW ?
- 7) Are there ‘alternatives' that can (better/cheaper) achieve our intended objectives?
- 8) Did we approach potential bidders for information that can help formulate the intended SoW ?
- 9) Are we up-to-date on the latest / most economical technology available in the market that can be used in the intended SoW?
- 10) Did we check the availability ( and cost) of the after-sale services available locally / regionally?