By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the strategic significance of training through particular emphasis on aligning training with strategy, marketing training within the organization and partnering with managers and supervisors.
- List the strategic, tactical and administrative competencies of the training professional.
- Use appropriate methods to conduct a Training Needs Assessment ( TNA).
- Examine ways to select internal trainers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and to hire external consultants.
- Demonstrate the success of training at all evaluation levels - from reaction to Return On Investment (ROI).
This program is designed for:
Training and development professionals involved in the process of training needs analysis, coordinating and organizing training programs, and evaluating the results of training. Successful candidates on this program will be awarded Meirc’s Professional Certificate (MPC). This Meirc program is also approved by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Credit Hours = 30
Locations & Dates:
14 - 18 Apr 2013
Arjaan By Rotana Dubai Media City
27 - 31 Oct 2013
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
The Strategic Framework of Training: An Overview
- Approaches to Aligning Training with Strategy:
- From Top-Down to Pulse-Taking
- Marketing Training within the Organization:
- How to Publicize Training Events
- Selling Training Internally
- Reducing No-Shows
- Partnering with Managers and Supervisors:
Competencies of the Training Manager/ Coordinator
- Competency Defined: The Iceberg Metaphor
- Strategic and Tactical Competencies
- Planning and Administrative Competencies
- Competency Model Checklist for Training Managers and Coordinators
The Role of the Training Professional in Training Needs Assessment (TNA)
- Why Identify Needs?
- The Training Assessment Process
- Approaches to Identifying Needs
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Quantitative and Qualitative Methods
Selecting Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Qualifications for Internal Trainers
- Feedback and Coaching Template for Internal Trainers
Hiring a Consultant or External Trainer
- Screening Consultants Criteria Worksheet
- Proposal Evaluation
- Consultant Interview Evaluation Questions
Demonstrating the Success of Training
- Evaluating Training
- The Four Levels of Evaluation
- Linking Evaluation Levels with TNA and Instructional Learning Objectives (ILOs)
- Components of a Complete ILO
- The ROI Process Model
- Collecting Data
- Isolating the Effects of Training
- Calculating ROI