By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define the strategic planning and control process and its main components.
- Apply strategic thinking.
- Develop organizational and departmental strategies.
- Use the strategy of the organization to determine Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Utilize KPIs to draft an organizational balanced scorecard.
- Convert a strategic plan to an operating plan.
This program is designed for:
All managers and staff who are involved in influencing, formulating or supporting the long term planning and strategy of their department and/or organization, as well as those who are responsible for linking, measuring and improving the performance of others.
This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
19 - 23 Feb 2012
29 Apr - 03 May 2012
Abu Dhabi, English
Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana
24 - 28 Jun 2012
Kuala Lumpur, English
Renaissance Kuala Lumpur
16 - 20 Sep 2012
The Address Dubai Marina
02 - 06 Dec 2012
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
16 - 20 Dec 2012
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Introduction and Overview
- Definitions and Origins of Strategic Management
- Strategic Thinking versus Strategic Planning
- History of Strategic Management Systems
- Successes and Failures
- The Strategic Planning and Control Process
Analysis of the Environment
- The SWOT Analysis
- Information and Research
- Use of PEDSTL in Environmental Analysis
- Case Analysis ? SWOT Session
Vision and Mission Statements
- Why Vision and Mission Statements
- What is a Vision? What is a Mission?
- Benefits of Statements
- How Vision and Mission Statements are Formulated
- A Checklist for a Complete Mission Statement
- Strategic Goals and Critical Success Factors
- Analysis and Critique of Samples of Vision and Mission Statements
SMART Objectives and Creative Strategies
- Goals, Objectives and Targets
- Financial versus Non-Financial Objectives
- The Use of Key Result Areas
- Adopting Effective Strategies
- Value Innovation and Blue Ocean Strategies
- Departmental Strategies
- 9 Ways to Kill a Strategy
Developing Operating Plans
- From Vision to Action Plan
- The How-How Technique to Develop Plans
- Criteria of Effective Action Plans
- Linking Goals, Strategies, Action Plans and Budgets
- Departmental Plans
Developing Control Systems and Performance Measures
- Approaches to Control
- Using Key Result Areas (KRAs)to Create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- KRAs and KPIs Examples
- Setting Targets
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Overcoming Barriers to the Implementation of the Strategy