By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Effectively plan and implement a Project / Program Management Office (PMO) in their organization.
- Align their organization strategy and project framework.
- Develop a business case that outlines PMO challenges and opportunities.
- Assess the current organization project environment.
- Create the PMO charter and implement the strategy phases.
- Establish a project management methodology and PMO governance.
- Assemble and staff the PMO.
- Apply best practices for people management in the PMO.
- Establish the knowledge, standards and consulting roles in a PMO.
This program is designed for:
All individuals involved in establishing, building and managing a project management office (PMO) within their organization. Meirc is assigned as a Registered Educational Provider (R.E.P.) with the Project Management Institute (PMI®). This program is worth 30 PDUs.
Locations & Dates:
07 - 11 Apr 2013
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
10 - 14 Nov 2013
Crowne Plaza Sheikh Zayed Road
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
The Strategic PMO
- The Link between Strategy and Projects
- Aligning Strategy with Projects
- How Alignment Resolves Project Management Problems
- The Strategy and Projects Framework
PMO Business Case, Organization, Structure, and Functions
- Organizational Structure for Projects
- PMO Types
- Processes, Standards and Methodologies
- Integration of the PMO
Maturity and the PMO
- Defining Maturity and Capability
- Pre-Assessment Evaluation
- Baseline Maturity Assessment
- Identification of Issue and Risks
- Gap Analysis
PMO Planning, Preparation and Strategy
- Creating the PMO Charter
- Objectives and Milestones
- Using Gap Analysis to Set Milestones
- Implementation Strategy Phases
- Measuring Success Metrics
Establishing a Project Management Methodology and PMO Governance
- Establishing Methodology Steps
- Elements of Methodology
- Quality and the Project Management Methodology
- Defining Governance
- Governance Framework
Human Capital and the PMO
- Staffing the PMO
- Competency Identification
- Career Paths and Leadership Development
- Best Practices for People Management in the PMO
Changing Organizational Culture
- Organizational Needs
- Creating a Project Culture
- Change Processes
- Overcoming Barriers to Change
- The Impact of Change on People
Project Knowledge Management and the PMO
- Key Success Factors in Knowledge Management
- Barriers to Knowledge Management Success
- Project Closeout
- PMO as a Community of Practice
- Measuring and Monitoring Project Performance