By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify reliable suppliers and evaluate them for eventual selection.
- Analyze supplier performance using appropriate rating systems.
- Develop and use an approved supplier list or bid list.
- Design scientific surveys to measure the performance of suppliers.
This program is designed for:
Employees, supervisors, and managers from the purchasing department or other departments who are directly or indirectly involved in the management of suppliers.
This program is worth 15 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
30 Sep - 02 Oct 2012
The Address Dubai Marina
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Selection of Suppliers
- Types of Suppliers to Support your Organization
- Methods for Obtaining Information about Suppliers
- Existing versus New Suppliers
- Large versus Small Suppliers
- Local versus International Suppliers
- Single Source versus Sole Source
- Number of Suppliers to Have
- Having Backup Suppliers
- Procurement Variables for Measuring Suppliers
- Non-Price Variables to Watch For
- Conducting Comprehensive Supplier Plant Visits
- The Key Suppliers to Visit
- The Frequency of Visiting those Key Suppliers
- Visiting other Suppliers
- Developing a Bid List
- Dealing with Monopolistic Suppliers
- Choosing to Have a Single Source
- Techniques for Rating Suppliers
- Rating Suppliers in a Scientific Way
- Ranking Suppliers in a Scientific Way
- Qualitative Methods for Rating Suppliers
- Quantitative Methods for Rating Suppliers
- Mixing Qualitative and Quantitative Methods to Rate Suppliers
- A, B and C Suppliers
- Designing Effective Surveys to Improve your Operations
- Types of Questions to Ask
- The Number of Questions to Ask
- The Right Order and Sequence of Questions
- Arranging Questions in a Scientific Way