By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the important organizational role of the purchasing department.
- Use the proper negotiation techniques with suppliers.
- Evaluate the performance of the department at the macro level.
- Decide how and when to train the purchasing staff.
- Decide when to buy or lease based on key purchasing factors.
This program is designed for:
Senior buyers, purchasing supervisors, purchasing managers and other material management personnel.
This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
27 - 31 May 2012
Arjaan By Rotana Dubai Media City
16 - 20 Sep 2012
The Address Dubai Marina
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Role of Purchasing Management
- Total Value Analysis
- Linking the Purchasing Function with the Organization's Strategy
- Optimizing Purchasing Productivity
- Proper Buying of Materials
- Proper Buying of Services
- Effective Buying of Capital Equipment
- Supporting the Production of the Final Product
- Adding Value to the Total Organization
Negotiating with Suppliers
- Qualities of a Successful Negotiator
- The Right Time to Negotiate with Suppliers
- Proper Planning Strategies
- Things to Do Before the Negotiation
- Things to Do During the Negotiation
- Things to Do After the Negotiation
- The Number of Suppliers to Negotiate With
- Choosing the Right Supplier
Managing and Evaluating the Department Performance
- Centralization versus Decentralization
- Advantages of Centralized Purchasing
- Advantages of Decentralized Purchasing
- Reasons for Departmental (Macro-Level) Performance Appraisal
- Designing and Conducting User Surveys
- Creating a Strong Purchasing Team
- Distributing the Correct Workload among the Buyers
- Increasing the Efficiency of the Buyer
Training the Purchasing Staff
- Technical Training on Buyer's Products and Commodities to Increase Productivity
- The Number of Training Hours per Year
- Visiting Suppliers as a Training Tool
- Commodity Rotation as a Training Tool
- Continuous Professional Development
- Training on Ethical Behavior
Factors in a Buy/Lease Decision
- Buying Versus Leasing
- The Advantages of Leasing
- The Advantages of Buying
- Breakeven Point between Buying and Leasing