By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- State the objectives of fleet management and the role of the fleet manager.
- Implement a fleet preventive maintenance program.
- Determine requirements for efficient workshops.
- Implement fleet safety and driver selection programs.
- Use capital budgeting techniques to perform vehicle replacement analysis.
- Optimize distribution vehicle routes.
- Implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure performance of fleets.
This program is designed for:
Fleet managers, maintenance managers and supervisors, transportation planners, fleet safety managers, and operations managers.
This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
13 - 17 May 2012
Arjaan By Rotana Dubai Media City
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Introduction to Fleet Management
- Definition of Fleet Management
- Objectives and Costs of Fleet Management
- Fleet Manager Profile
Fleet Maintenance Management
- Roles and Responsibilities in Maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance Inspection
- Scope of Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Unscheduled Maintenance and Road Calls
- Tire Selection and Management
- Parts and Supply Management
- Vendor versus In-House Maintenance
- Workshop Layout and Tools
- Computing Workshop Productivity
- Facility and Bay Space Requirements
Fleet Safety Management
- Elements of a Safety Program
- Reasons for Accident Prevention
- Driver Selection Criteria
- Fleet Skill Tests
- Road Accident Types
Vehicle Selection and Replacement
- Vehicle Selection Criteria
- Own or Contract Analysis
- Vehicle Replacement Analysis
- Capital Budgeting Techniques
Transportation Planning and Management
- Transportation Fundamentals and Optimization
- Factors Affecting Transportation Decisions
- Network Design Options
- Routing of Distribution Vehicles
Measuring and Improving Fleet Performance
- Fleet Measurement System
- Transportation Costs and Cost Ratios
- Transportation Asset Productivity
- Financial and Quality Indicators
- Cycle-Time Indicators
- Measuring and Improving Fleet Utilization