By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define the various functions and the type of management skill associated with each.
- Decide when to use coaching and counseling in order to manage others effectively.
- Define the relationship between attitude and behavior and use it to motivate self and others.
- Use logical and creative approaches to solving problems.
- Differentiate between leadership and management and use such knowledge to improve overall results and motivation.
This program is designed for:
Department heads, senior supervisors, managers and others who need to develop/sharpen their managerial skills. Successful candidates on this program will be awarded Meirc’s Professional Certificate (MPC). This program is also certified by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Locations & Dates:
10 - 14 Mar 2013
The Address Dubai Marina
18 - 22 Aug 2013
Renaissance Barcelona Hotel
20 - 24 Oct 2013
Abu Dhabi, Arabic
Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana
08 - 12 Dec 2013
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
- An Art or a Science?
- Changes Impacting the Job of a Manager
- Basic Managerial Functions:
- The 6 Steps in Planning
- Managerial Competencies:
- Strategic Action
- Problem Solving
- Different Management Styles
- Factors that Influence your Style
- Reasons Managers Fail
Coaching, Counseling and Mentoring
- To Coach or to Manage
- Differences between Coaching, Counseling and Mentoring
- The Competency Iceberg
- Core Coaching Competencies
- What Does a Coach Do and How
- The 5 Powerful Words of Coaching (D.R.D.A.R.)
- The Hierarchy of Needs
- Various Motivational Theories
- How to Motivate a Multi-Cultural Workforce
- Barriers that Get in Our Way
- A Rational Approach to Problem-Solving
- Problem Analysis Supplementary Tools
- The 6 Thinking Hats for Creative Problem-Solving
The World of Leadership
- Leaders: Born or Made?
- Leadership Versus Management
- Characteristics of a Leader
- The 6 Leadership Styles
- The 7 Habits of Highly Successful Leaders