By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between management and leadership.
- Identify their strengths and leadership styles through self-assessment.
- Examine various leadership theories with emphasis on situational leadership.
- Identify the major competencies underlying Emotional Intelligence (EI).
- Define the role of the leader as delegator and change agent.
This program is designed for:
Individuals in middle and senior positions who wish to better understand themselves in order to improve their leadership skills. Employees whose responsibilities require delegation, leading and managing change will also benefit from the program.
Locations & Dates:
31 Mar - 04 Apr 2013
The Address Dubai Marina
23 - 27 Jun 2013
08 - 12 Dec 2013
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Leaders Not Managers
- Definitions, Similarities and Differences
- Myths about Leadership
- The Perennial Question: Nature or Nurture
Personal Style and Leadership Qualities
- Administration and Scoring
- Linking Style with Leadership Qualities
- Characteristics of Admired Leaders
The Leadership Journey: From McGregor to Goleman
- Review of Major Theories: Trait and Behavioral
- Leadership in the Arab World
- Situational Leadership: Theory and Simulation
- Overview of the Meirc Research (2010):
- Major Findings about 300+ Successful Leaders from 120+ Organizations in 12 Arab Countries
The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
- An Overview of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Intelligence
- Emotional Quotient (EQ) Versus Intelligence Quotient (IQ)
- The EI Competency Framework
- The 18 EI Competencies in Practice
- Brainstorming Real Life Examples
Leadership, Delegation and Empowerment
- Delegation: Definition and Guidelines
- Why Delegation is Not Popular
- Guidelines for Delegation and Empowerment
- The Empowered Organization
The Leader as Change Catalyst
- The Positive and Negative Impact of Change
- Kotter’s Eight-Step Change Process
- Dealing with Resistance to Change
- Sustaining Change in the Corporate Culture