By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define the scope, nature and responsibility of the supervision role and the challenges this role places on them.
- Effectively communicate verbally and non-verbally with others.
- Apply their role as motivators.
- Identify their teamwork style and build an effective team.
- Practice professional techniques in providing positive discipline.
- Use different skills in interpersonal problem-solving and conflict management.
This program is designed for:
First level or prospective supervisors.
This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
12 - 16 Feb 2012
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
29 Apr - 03 May 2012
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
16 - 20 Sep 2012
Abu Dhabi, English
Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana
16 - 20 Dec 2012
Crowne Plaza Sheikh Zayed Road
23 - 27 Dec 2012
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Being a Supervisor Today
- Myths about Supervision
- Supervisors Key Tasks
- Essential Skills for Supervisors
- Responsibilities and Challenges
- Problems Supervisors Encounter
- The Communication Process
- Approaches to Interpersonal Relationships with Employees
- Ten Commandments of Human Relations
- Developing Effective Listening Habits
- The Value of Feedback
- Techniques in Providing Feedback
- Guidelines for Assertive Communication
Motivating your Workforce
- Definitions of Motivation
- Myths about Motivation
- Motivation and Performance
- Different Workable Motivational Theories
- The Meirc Theory in Motivation
- Building a Motivational Environment
Working with Teams
- Identifying your Teamwork Style
- Supervisors Involvement with Teams
- Team Process Facilitation
- Obstacles to Effective Teamwork
- Overcoming Obstacles to Effective Teamwork
- Team Decision-Making Procedures
Orientation and Positive Discipline
- Perceptions During Orientation
- Orientation and Follow Up
- Use of Progressive Disciplinary Practices
- Types of Reinforcement
- Applying Reinforcement Strategies
Creative Interpersonal Problem-Solving
- Interpersonal Problem-Solving Process
- Steps for Interpersonal Problem-Solving
- Encouraging Creative Thinking
- Applying Brainstorming Formats and Mechanics
- Key Conflict Management Skills