By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate among the three levels of management and understand the responsibilities of each level.
- Discuss the principal challenges managers face in an increasingly competitive environment.
- Practice advanced managerial skills needed for management positions.
- Resolve conflict based on a win-win approach.
- Introduce and manage change leading to continuous improvement.
This program is designed for:
Department heads, superintendents, senior supervisors and others who need to develop their managerial skills. This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
01 - 05 Apr 2012
The Address Dubai Marina
03 - 07 Jun 2012
Abu Dhabi, Arabic
Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana
28 Oct - 01 Nov 2012
Crowne Plaza Sheikh Zayed Road
02 - 06 Dec 2012
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
- Characteristics of Leaders
- Leadership versus Management: The Vital Differences
- Situational Leadership
- Organizational Behavior (OB)
- Goals of OB
- Implications for Managers
- Concepts of Motivating Your Followers
- Various Theories of Motivation
Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Techniques
- Principles of Solving Problems
- The Manager as a Decision Maker
- Rationality, Bounded Rationality and Intuition
- Types of Problems and Decisions
- A Rational Approach to Problem-Solving
- Tools and Techniques in Problem-Solving
Coaching and Appraising Performance
- The Psychology Behind Coaching
- Why and How to Coach
- Setting Performance Standards and Conducting Appraisal Interviews
- Sources and Nature of Conflict
- Conflict and Group Performance
- Role of Communication in Conflict
- How to Resolve Conflict
Managing Change and Innovation
- Dynamics of Change
- Types of Change
- Leading Successful Change Initiatives
- Overcoming Resistance to Change
- Contemporary Issues in Managing Change
- Creativity Versus Innovation
- Stimulating and Nurturing Innovation
Managing Time and Staff Meetings
- Identifying and Setting Goals
- Prioritizing Activities
- Time Management Tools
- Leading and Managing Effective Meetings