By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Build and expand their decision-making, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Apply logical and creative approaches to solving problems and making decisions.
- Use traditional and creative tools for identifying causes and generating solutions.
- Utilize creativity and lateral thinking as business tools.
- Analyze and solve actual problems facing them at work.
- Gain confidence in asking the "right questions" and overcoming the stress of making complex decisions.
- Demonstrate and build credibility with upper management.
- Develop strategic approaches to problem-solving and decision-making.
This program is designed for:
Managers, supervisors and administrators who will benefit from better problem-solving and decision- making skills.
Locations & Dates:
20 - 24 Jan 2013
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
21 - 25 Apr 2013
Abu Dhabi, English
Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana
30 Jun - 04 Jul 2013
03 - 07 Nov 2013
Crowne Plaza Sheikh Zayed Road
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- Definitions and Tools: An Overview
- The Link between Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
- The Principle of Organizing our Thinking about Problems
- Identifying our Own Mind Traps
- Brain Analysis and Ways of Learning
The Rational Approach to Problem-Solving (Kepner-Tregoe)
- Techniques of Recognizing Problems
- Difference between Causes and Symptoms
- The Helicopter Approach
- Problem Analysis
- Decision Analysis
- Potential Problem Analysis
Problem Analysis Supplementary Tools
- Root Cause Analysis
- The Importance of the "Why" Question
- Ishikawa Fishbone Concept
- Assumptions in the Workplace
Decision-Making Supplementary Tools
- Being Decisive and Principles of Decision-Making
- The How-How Method
- Decision Analysis Weighted Worksheet
- Consensus Decision-Making
Creativity and Problem-Solving
- Assessment of Creativity and Ways to Think Creatively
- Lateral Thinking Tips
- Creativity and Its Use as a Business Tool
- Barriers to Creativity and Ways to Overcome Them
- The Hemispheres of the Brain
- Brainstorming Tips and Tools
- Six Thinking Hats
Applications of Techniques
- People Problems and Solutions
- Analysis and Solution of Real Cases Presented by Participants