By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the different sources of conflict.
- Resolve conflicts using different strategies.
- Identify their own personal conflict resolution style.
- Use the different bases of power and change them according to the situation.
- Apply influence and explore their relationships with others.
- Practice effective methods of intervention and conflict management.
- Turn arguments into discussions and create win-win solutions.
This program is designed for:
Business professionals who want to expand their conflict resolution skills, understand their own emotions and behaviors and find productive ways to manage conflict with influence even when authority is lacking.
This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
15 - 19 Apr 2012
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
07 - 11 Oct 2012
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Definitions of Conflict
- Misconceptions about Conflict
- Sources of Conflict
- Positive and Negative Factors of Conflict
- Business Management and Conflict Resolution
Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- Scoring and Interpretations
- Ways of Coping with Conflict
- Assumptions and Outcome of Conflict
- Managing Conflicts and Using Appropriate Style For More Effective Outcomes
Influencing Others in a Problem-Solving Context
- Working Effectively with Team Members
- Managing your Emotions, Information and Problems
- Tips for Effective Day to Day Conflicts
- Resolving Conflict before it Gets Out of Hand
- Managing Conflicts with Superiors and Subordinates
Importance of Teamwork
- Managing Conflict in Teams
- Dealing with Dysfunctional Team Roles
- Enhancing Communication in a Team
- Effective Team Problem Solving
- Exercises and Cases on Team Effectiveness
Influence Inventory (Power Bases)
- Definitions of Influence and the Bases of Power
- Changing the Bases of Power
- Leadership Training for Influence and Power
- Training and Development for Influence
The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Action
- Influence and the Psychology of Persuasion
- The Power to Change Anything
- Developing your Influence from Anywhere in the Organization