By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Determine their potential for creativity and innovation.
- Apply creative thinking skills and methods in various work-related situations.
- Practice thinking in non-conventional ways by thinking out of the box, using Mind Mapping, Picture Associations and other methods.
- Learn about creative thinking strategies and how to apply them in the workplace.
- Create a pleasant work environment conducive to creativity and innovation for self and others.
This program is designed for:
Supervisors, managers, team and project leaders, and all individuals who need to adopt a more creative approach at work, whether to solve problems, initiate and introduce changes, or deal with organizational issues in non-conventional ways. The program will also benefit those who are interested in recognizing and enhancing their creative potential and their memory power.
This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
02 - 06 Dec 2012
Crowne Plaza Sheikh Zayed Road
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Understanding of Creativity
- Definition of Creativity
- Differences between Invention, Innovation and Creativity
- The 13 Theories of Creativity
- Myths About Creativity
- A look at Creativity and Creative People
- Understanding the 2 Hemispheres of the Brain
- A Whole Brain Thinking Process
- Think, Act, Feel and Play
- Purpose, Process, People and Possibilities
- Defining and Using Lateral Thinking
- Understanding your Creativity Score
Creativity as a Business Tool
- Constraints in the Workplace
- The Creative Manager
- The Creative Individual
- Domain Expertise
- Creative Ability
- Innovation and Organizational Culture
- The Creative Method
- Barriers to Creative Thinking
- Ways for Overcoming Barriers
- Creative Methods in Action
- The Danger of Mental Blocks
- Developing Innovative Products and Services
- Critical Thinking versus Creative Thinking
Exploring the Idea Generation Process
- The Six Thinking Hats
- Practical Application of the Method
Creative Thinking Strategies
- Picture Associations and Biotechniques
- Mind Mapping
- Anatomy of a Problem
- Steps in Creative Problem Solving
The Power of Opposite Thinking
- The Interplay of Opposites
- Using Negative Definitions
- Asking What if?
- Encouraging Alternative Views of Reality