By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define Employee Relations as a function and list its main role within Human Resources.
- Manage employee files and records as per the local labor laws and regulations.
- Improve attendance in the organization by minimizing absenteeism through the use of the right Key Performance Indicators.
- Enhance employee morale through the use of objective means of morale measurement and enhancement.
- Differentiate between employee whining, complaints and grievances and decide when to treat an issue as a grievance and how to properly handle it.
This program is designed for:
Employees in the functions of Employee Relations, Human Resources or Personnel and Administration who are directly or indirectly responsible for providing support services to internal customers within the organization. This Meirc program is approved by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Credit Hours = 30
Locations & Dates:
24 - 28 Mar 2013
14 - 18 Apr 2013
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
09 - 13 Jun 2013
The Address Dubai Marina
08 - 12 Sep 2013
The Address Dubai Marina
08 - 12 Dec 2013
The Fairmont Palm Hotel & Resort
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Employee Relations (ER)
- Defining the ER Function
- Main Duties and Responsibilities of ER Officers
- Employee Relations (ER) versus Human Resources (HR)
- Employee Relations versus Personnel and Administration
- The Relationship between Labor Law and Employee Relations
Managing Employee Files and Records
- The Bare Essentials that Should be Kept on Record at All Times
- Organizing the Files: The Logical Approach
- Organizing the Files: The Legal Requirements
- Approaches to Updating Employee Files
- Ad Hoc Updating versus Periodic
- Automating Employee Files: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- The Global Ranking of Current HRIS
- Punctuality and Discipline: Tips for Improving Performance in these Two Areas
- Flexi-Time: Definition and Uses
- Pros and Cons of Flexi-Time Cultures
- Absenteeism: The Main Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Measuring Absenteeism
- Analyzing Absenteeism in Order to Reduce it
- The Definition of Employee Morale
- Employee Morale versus Organizational Health
- Assessing Employee Morale
- Objective versus Subjective Approaches for Assessing Morale
- Using the Dow Jones Model to Measure Morale
- The Various Key Performance Indicators that are Influenced by Employee Morale
- Organizational Health Surveys: The Main Criteria for Designing a Survey
- The Definition of a Grievance
- Grievances versus Complaints versus Whining
- The Grievance Handling Procedures: Recommended Steps
- Grievance Rate and Grievance Resolution Rate
- The Main KPIs for Measuring your Grievance Resolution Ratio