By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define and clearly understand the importance of compensation to the overall aims of Human Resources management.
- Design a comprehensive compensation system.
- Examine and comment on the benefits of job evaluation and choose an appropriate system.
- Assess and provide advice on regional compensation practice.
- List the principal steps in a compensation survey and answer the question "why is job matching critical to the success of any compensation survey?"
This program is designed for:
Professionals with at least 2-3 years experience in the compensation and benefits field and HR generalists who wish to enhance their knowledge and skills in this important area of Human Resources. Successful candidates on this program will be awarded Meirc’s Professional Certificate (MPC). This Meirc program is also approved by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Credit Hours = 30
Locations & Dates:
31 Mar - 04 Apr 2013
The Address Dubai Marina
10 - 14 Nov 2013
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Managing Compensation – An Overview
- Compensation Objectives
- Total Compensation
- Direct and Indirect Compensation
- Equitable, Value Adding, Competitive and Motivating Compensation
Job Analysis and Job Descriptions
- Uses of Job Descriptions
- Job Analysis Explained
- Carrying Out the Job Analysis Process
- A Typical Job Description Explained
- Job Analysis – A Summary
- Job Evaluation – A Definition
- Job Evaluation Systems
- Introduction to the Meirc System
- Introduction to the Hay System
- The Job Evaluation Process – Sources of Error
- Objectives of Compensation
- Decisions to Be Taken
- Designing Base Salary Structures
- Important Considerations in Compensation
- Managing your Compensation Programs
- Staying Competitive
- Designing and Carrying Out Compensation Surveys
- Four Basic Survey Methods
- Data Requirements
- Issues Related to the Implementation of Change
- The Definition of Performance Management
- Objectives of Performance Management
- Current/Prevailing PM Systems
- Rewarding Performance
- Rewarding the Right Behaviors and Results
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)