By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the main functions in Human Resources Management (HRM).
- Explain the new roles of modern Human Resources Management.
- Apply the functions of recruitment and selection and follow the main steps in attracting and hiring qualified candidates.
- List the different steps in the training and development cycle.
- Explain and play the roles and responsibilities of Human Resources Management in designing and implementing a performance management system.
- Demonstrate understanding of a complete compensation management system.
This program is designed for:
Human Resources professionals or those who are about to start a career in Human Resources. The program is also beneficial for experienced officers and managers in Human Resources who wish to update their knowledge and skills about the latest techniques in the various Human Resources functions.
This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
22 - 26 Jan 2012
Crowne Plaza Sheikh Zayed Road
17 - 21 Jun 2012
Kuala Lumpur, English
Renaissance Kuala Lumpur
23 - 27 Sep 2012
09 - 13 Dec 2012
The Address Dubai Marina
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Definitions and Objectives of HRM
- The Main Functions in HR
- Characteristics of Effective HR Management
- HR New Roles: HR as Business Partner
- Examples of HR Organization Charts
Competency Based Human Resources Management
- Overview of Competency Theory
- Types of Competencies
- The Importance of Competencies
Recruitment and Selection
- Recruitment versus Selection
- Defining Requirements and Attracting Qualified Candidates
- Types of Assessment
- Types of Interviews
- The Selection Decision
Training and Development
- Identification of Training Needs
- Design and Delivery of Training
- Effectiveness of Delivery Methods: The International Benchmarks
- Evaluation of Training Effectiveness
- Four Levels of Training Evaluation
- The Performance Management Cycle
- The Main Components of Performance Management
- Performance Management versus Performance Appraisal
- Setting Up a Competency Based Performance Management System
Compensation and Benefits
- Components of Compensation and Benefits
- A Total Compensation Management System
- Job Evaluation: Guaranteeing Internal Consistency
- The Meirc Factor Points System for Evaluating Jobs
- Salary Surveys: Guaranteeing External Consistency
- Forces Impacting Compensation and Benefits
Careers in Human Resources
- Generalist or Specialist: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Academic Qualification versus Professional Certification