By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- List the main cycles in Human Resources and the critical steps in each.
- Define strategic HR management and draft an HR strategy.
- Explain the vital signs which should be constantly monitored in Human Resources.
- Quantify employee morale and determine a formula for calculating it objectively.
- Differentiate between types of turnover and determine how each should be calculated.
- List the main types of performance management and appraisal rating systems and how and when to use each.
This program is designed for:
Human Resources managers and senior professionals in the function who seek to broaden their knowledge and improve their skills in the key functions of HR as well as those who are responsible for evaluating HR and its effectiveness in the organization. The program is also suitable for those employees who are targeted for development/promotion within the HR function.
This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
17 - 21 Jun 2012
30 Sep - 04 Oct 2012
The Address Dubai Marina
16 - 20 Dec 2012
The Address Dubai Marina
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
The Main Cycles in Human Resources (HR) Management
- HR Strategy Cycle
- Recruitment and Selection Cycle
- Training and Development Cycle
- Performance Management Cycle
- Compensation and Benefits Cycle
Strategic HR Management
- Situation Analysis
- HR Visions and Missions
- HR Strategic Goals
- Critical Success Factors in HR
- Key Result Areas and Key Performance Indicators
- Core Competencies and Core Values
Measuring Human Resources
- Measuring HR Strategies: The Main KPIs
- Human Resources versus Human Capital
- Return on Human Capital (ROHC) and Cost of Labor (COL)
- Human Value Added (HVA) and Profit Per Employee (PPE)
- Employee Morale and Employee Satisfaction Indexes
- HR Scorecards and Dashboards
- Turnover versus Attrition (Gross and Net Turnover)
- Voluntary versus Non Voluntary Separation
- Analyzing Turnover: Interpreting the Data
- Healthy versus Unhealthy Turnover
- Turnover Index
Managing Employee Performance
- Tangible versus Intangible Appraisal Systems
- Samples of Best (and Not So) Practices
- Behavioral Rating
- Management By Objectives (MBO) Systems
- Competency-Based Appraisals
- 180? and 360? Systems
- Forced Ranking and the Bell Curve: Advantages and Warnings
- Keys to Success and Failures of Performance Management Systems