By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify importance of accounting in running businesses.
- Explain the accounting cycle process and properly distinguish and classify account categories within the accounting system in the company.
- Properly account for transactions affecting assets, liabilities and equities.
- Effectively prepare balance sheets and statements of income and owners’ equity.
- Acquire basic accounting knowledge and skills needed to better support management.
- Perform hands-on bank reconciliation, account analysis, and General Ledger (GL) to sub-ledger
This program is designed for:
Staff accountants, accounting clerks, junior accountants, entry-level accountants and administrative and support employees who work closely with Accounts or support management with tasks related to bookkeeping and financial reports. This program is also helpful for non-accounting professionals, especially in IT, who provide support to accounting systems and staff. This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
17 - 21 Mar 2013
Abu Dhabi, English
Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana
24 - 28 Nov 2013
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Importance of Accounting in Business
- The Role and Purpose of Accounting
- The Rules of Accounting: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- The Accounting System
- The Fundamental Accounting Equation
An Overview of Accounting Cycle
- Seven Basic Steps of the Accounting Cycle:
- Journalizing Transactions
- Posting Transactions
- Preparing Trial Balance
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Journalizing Adjusting Entries
- Closing Entries
- Preparing Post-Closing Trial Balance (TB)
- Using Accounts to Summarize Transactions
- The Rules of Debits and Credits
- Preparing Trial Balance (TB)
The Matching Principle
- Accrual versus Cash Basis Accounting
- Adjusting Entries and the Adjusted TB
Accounting for Assets
- Cash and Bank Accounts
- Accounts and Notes Receivable
- Allowance for Doubtful Accounts
- Inventory and Cost of Sale
- Fixed Assets and Intangible Assets
Accounting for Liabilities and Equity
- Current Liabilities
- Long-Term Liabilities
- Contributed Capital
- Retained Earnings
Preparing Financial Statements
- The Balance Sheet
- The Income Statement
- Statement of Owners’ Equity
- Performing Bank Reconciliation
- Performing Account Analysis
- Reconciling General Ledger to Sub-ledger Accounts