By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Apply the framework of financial statements analysis.
- Demonstrate skills at the foundations of ratio and financial analysis.
- Carry out company and industry analysis.
- Implement the process of company evaluation and analysis.
- Analyze real-life financial statements from companies traded on the world and GCC stock exchanges.
This program is designed for:
Professionals in the field of finance and accounting, financial analysts, department heads, senior management team members, financial controllers, finance managers, chief and financial accountants who perform business analysis and provide financial recommendations. This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
24 - 28 Mar 2013
30 Jun - 04 Jul 2013
03 - 07 Nov 2013
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Financial Statement Analysis: An Introduction
- Role of Financial Reporting and Analysis
- The Core Financial Statements and the Importance of the Annual Report
- The Important Role of Notes and Supplementary Information
- Objective and Types of Audits of Financial Statements
- Financial Statement Analysis Framework
- Relationship, Elements and Classification of Financial Statements
Financial Reporting Standards
- Importance of Reporting Standards in Security Analysis and Valuation
- The Standards Setting Bodies
- International Financial Reporting Standards versus Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- The Role of the CFA in Financial Analysis
Understanding Financial Statements
- Income Statement Components
- Revenue and Expense Recognition
- Balance Sheet Components:
- Measurement and Classification
- Cash Flow Statement:
- Operating, Investing, and Financing Activities
- Direct versus Indirect Methods in Cash Flow Preparation
Financial Analysis Techniques
- Ratio Analysis:
- Liquidity: Current, Quick, and Cash Ratios
- Asset Management and Activity Ratios
- Solvency: Debt, Equity, and Times Interest Earned Ratios
- Profitability: Profit Margin, Gross Margin, Return on Assets, Return on Equity
- Market and Valuation: Price-Earnings and Earnings Per Share Ratios
- Vertical Analysis and Strategy: Balance Sheet and Income Statement Approaches
- Trend Analysis and Growth
- DuPont Analysis: The Three-Step and Five-Step Models
- Segment Analysis
- Time-Series and Cross-Sectional Analysis
- Financial Reporting Quality and Red Flags
- Free Cash Flow Calculation
- Building Integrated Financial Analysis Model
- Performing What-If Analysis
- Limitation of Ratio Analysis
Financial Statement Analysis: Applications and Presentations
- Evaluating a Company’s Past Performance
- Preparing a Projection of a Company’s Future Net Income and Cash Flow
- Comprehensive Real-Life Analysis of Publicly Traded Companies