By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Adopt the most recent terminology and language of accounting and finance.
- Develop a sound understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and their impact on financial reporting.
- Properly account for transactions affecting assets, liabilities and owners' equity according to IFRS.
- Prepare financial statements with related notes and disclosures that are compliant with IFRS.
- Demystify the interpretation of financial statements and reports.
This program is designed for:
Professionals in the fields of finance and accounting, and professionals seeking to enhance international accounting knowledge and companies implementing IFRS as the standard of reporting.
This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
11 - 15 Mar 2012
The Address Dubai Marina
11 - 15 Nov 2012
Abu Dhabi, English
Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Introduction to IFRS
- Financial Reporting Framework
- The Future Agenda for IFRS
- IFRS: Current Year Update
Statement of Financial Position
- Elements of Statement of Financial Position
- Forms and Formats
- Classification of Assets
- Classification of Liabilities
- Classification of Stockholders' Equity
- Required Disclosures and Footnotes
- Concept of Comprehensive Income
- Recognition and Measurement
- Items on the Income Statement
- Components of Other Comprehensive Income
Statement of Changes in Equity and Statement of Cash Flows
- Disclosures and Alternatives
- Reporting Non Controlling Interest
- Operating, Investing and Financing Cash Flows
- Direct versus Indirect Methods
Accounting for Assets
- Cash and Receivables
- Measuring and Valuing of Inventory
- Property, Plant and Equipment
- Accounting for Investment Property
- Intangible Assets and Research and Development (R&D) Costs
- Accounting for Debt and Equity Investments
- Fair Value Measurement
Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity
- Current Liabilities and Accruals
- Accounting for Contingencies
- Long-Term Liabilities
- Accounting for Debt and Equity Transactions
- Capital, Retained Earnings and Reserves
- Concepts, Rules and Examples
- Revenue Recognition Criteria
- Measurement of Revenue
Accounting in the Future
- Summary of the Recent Exposure Drafts