By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Apply advanced techniques to write emails, memos and letters.
- Organize the content by using an effective introduction, body and conclusion.
- Present the written ideas in logical sequence.
- Satisfy the requirements of the reader by outlining his/her needs and benefits using clear language.
- Apply the ABC formula (Accurate, Brief and Clear) using the right tone and style.
Note: It is essential that participants have a good command of the English Language.
This program is designed for:
All individuals whose work requires business writing, including memos, letters and emails.
Locations & Dates:
17 - 21 Mar 2013
Crowne Plaza Sheikh Zayed Road
10 - 14 Nov 2013
Arjaan By Rotana Dubai Media City
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Advanced Techniques for Effectively Writing:
- Brief and Professional Emails
- Brief and Professional Letters
- Brief and Professional Memos
- Other Business Documents
Organizing the Content
- Strong Capturing Introduction
- Proper Factual Body
- Effective Logical Conclusion
- Creating a Coherent Document
- Creating a Cohesive Document
- Use of Visual Aids in Writing
- Matching Visual Aids with Words
- Converting Visual Aids into Words
- Converting Words into Visual Aids
Logical Sequence of Ideas
- Writing is a Thinking Process
- Writing is NOT a Mechanical Process
- Proper Flow of Ideas
- Avoiding Confusing Ideas for the Reader
- The Writing Planning Process
- The Writing Building Blocks
Use of Clear Language
- The 10Cs of Powerful Writing
- The Big B of Powerful Writing
- Reviewing and Revising
- Editing for Clear Language
- Avoiding Vague Terms and Jargon
- Avoiding Clichés and Obsolete Words
- The Fog Index
Matching the Tone and Style to Suit the Reader
- Formal Business Writing
- Semi-Formal and Informal Writing
- Reader-Friendly Writing
- The Reader as your Main and Major Customer
- Knowing the Needs of your Reader
- The Impact of Positive Tone on your Reader
- The Impact of Writing Style on your Reader
- The Danger of Using the Wrong Tone with your Reader