By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- List the main causes for boring and ineffective presentations and ways for overcoming them.
- Plan, prepare and conduct an effective and successfully memorable presentation using a systematic and easy-to-follow approach.
- Pinpoint the main reasons that lead to Public Speaking Anxiety (PSA) and ways for eliminating them prior to presenting.
- Project the right verbal and non-verbal characteristics essential in powerful presentations.
- Use the most commonly available visual aids to support their presentation and make it visually appealing.
This program is designed for:
All those who wish to improve their presentation skills to a noticeable level using a strictly hands-on approach. The workshop-type program is particularly helpful for people who have to conduct sales, business development and/or periodic presentations to senior management.
Locations & Dates:
07 - 11 Apr 2013
22 - 26 Dec 2013
Crowne Plaza Sheikh Zayed Road
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
- The Difference between Presenting and PowerPoint Clicking
- Why Most Presentations Fail to Leave an Impact
- The Attributes of an Effective Presentation
- The Importance of Preparation
- Clicker and Mr
- Murphy: The Enemies of All Presentations
- Overcoming Boring Pitches and Presentations
Preparing for a Presentation
- Gathering the Raw Data
- How Much Information Should You Begin With
- Filtering the Information
- The Triple S Rule
- Deciding on Time Allocation: How Will You Know How Much Time You need
- The Formula of Substance, Style and Structure and Its Impact on the Way You Present
The Framework of an Effective Presentation
- Opening with a W
- : How to WIN the Audience’s Attention
- The Preview: What Should Be Mentioned in the Outline?
- The Key Points of a Presentation and the Psychological Rule of 3
- Recapping Before the Finish: Common Tips and Pitfalls
- Closing with a Bang
Body Language in a Presentation
- The Hands, Legs and the Eyes
- To Move or to Stay Put? Tips for Effective Body Positioning
- The Hands/Legs Rule for Animation
- Characteristics of Captivating Verbal Delivery
- Avoiding Clichés and Euphemisms
- Dress and Appearance: What are the Rules?
Public Speaking Anxiety (PSA)
- The Reasons Why Most People Get Nervous
- Adrenalin and Its Effect on Presentations
- Dealing with PSA: Short and Long Term Solutions
- What Do Great Presenters Do?
- The Use of Objects and Props for Visual Impact
- Hand-outs: When and How to Circulate Them
- The Secrets and Techniques for Using Flip Charts
- Clip Arts and Images: The Trends Today
- PowerPoint: What Every Presenter Should Know