By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Write clear and reader-friendly technical reports.
- Explain the structure of technical reports.
- Produce various types of technical reports.
- Prepare visuals that supplement and support technical reports.
- Present statistics and technical information in an understandable manner.
This program is designed for:
All those who are required to prepare technical reports (engineers, safety officers, technicians, accountants, managers etc.).
This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Note: It is essential that participants have a good command of the English Language.
Locations & Dates:
07 - 11 Oct 2012
The Address Dubai Marina
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
Writing Technical Reports
- Purpose to be Clear
- Methodology to be Correct
- Findings to be Accurate
- Conclusions to be Logical
- Recommendations to be Specific
- Management's Expectations from a Report
- Development of a Technical Report
- Sections of a Technical Report
- Editing for Organization and Structure
Purpose of Technical Reports
- Recording Work Done in a Complete Way
- Assessing Situations and Past Mistakes
- Validating Information and Statistics
- Indicating Future Actions for Continuous Improvement
Types of Technical Reports
Preparing Technical Visual Aids
- Line Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Gantt Charts
- Flow Charts
- Pie Charts
- Diagrams and Sketches
- Maps and Pictures
- Compact Tables
- Checklist for Effective Visual Aids
- Converting a Text into Visual Aids
- Use of Statistics in Technical Writing
- Explaining Statistics in a Readable Language
- Simplifying Complex Data for the Reader
- Presenting Data in a Compact Format