By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Practice the basic techniques and skills necessary to design dynamic presentations.
- Structure and build effective presentations.
- Develop greater confidence in speaking publicly.
- Acquire the qualities of a dynamic presenter and ways for sustaining them.
- Deliver a winning presentation and interact with the audience.
This program is designed for:
All employees and managers who need to make effective oral presentations to others.
This program is worth 25 NASBA CPEs.
Locations & Dates:
25 - 29 Mar 2012
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai
17 - 21 Jun 2012
The Address Dubai Marina
18 - 22 Nov 2012
Arjaan By Rotana Dubai Media City
Meirc reserves the right to alter dates, content, venue and trainer with a reasonable notice time.
One extra free place for every 2 paid nominees
Delivery Type: Group-Live
- What is Communication?
- What is Presenting?
- What is Public Speaking?
- What are the Differences Between Presentations and Public Speeches
- Ethical Issues in Presentations and Public Speeches
Qualities of a Dynamic Presenter
- The Key Characteristics for Dynamic Speakers
- Building Confidence from Start to Finish
- 4-Step Communication Process
- The Importance of Listening when Presenting
- Five Presentation Secrets
The Anatomy of a Presentation
- Selecting an Effective Topic
- Specifying a Purpose
- Building a Central Idea
- Beginning and Ending Presentations with a Bang
- Writing an Easy-to-Follow Outline
The Preparation Stage
- Researching the Subject
- Analyzing the Audience
- Profiling the Audience
- Organizing the Presentation for Impact and Coherence
- Rehearsing Techniques: The Importance of Dry Runs
- Venue Preparation: Murphy's Law
Public Speaking Anxiety (PSA)
- Nervousness is Normal
- Contributing Factors
- Signs and Symptoms of Anxiety
- Physical and Psychological Roots
- Dealing with and Controlling Nervousness
- Therapies to Fight PSA
- Creating a State of Fearlessness
Delivering the Presentation
- Semiotics and Kinesics
- The Presenter's Verbal Characteristics
- The Presenter's Non- Verbal Characteristics
- Types and Use of Visual Aids
- Handling Questions and Answers
- The Moment of Truth: Delivery