Ten Value-Adding Questions to ask before finalizing your Scope of Work:
1) Although ‘ in the budget' do we REALLY need it ?
2) Are all the included criteria / features needed ?
3) Can we ‘reduce' the required Sow (less numbers, less weight, less features etc... ) ?
4) Are there ( more economical) ‘ alternatives' that can ( almost ) serve the same purpose ?
5) Did we include too many ‘proprietary' features that may reduce competition and increase the cost ?
6) Did we consider ‘ the whole life cost' (as opposed to least expensive) of the major components of the intended SoW ?
7) Did we calculate ‘ the Value for Money' (as opposed to least expensive) of the major components of the intended SoW ?
8) Do we have existing contracts that we can re-negotiate in order to include / accommodate the intended SoW ? ( will save on the bidding process as well as mobilization and other costs)
9) Can we combine the intended SoW with other existing or planned contracts?
10) Did we review our data base of ‘Lessons Learned' to benefit from previous ‘successes' and avoid previous ‘ mishaps' ?